Five 2-Ingredient Drinks to Excite Your Palette
OK Mr. Adventure…your bartender has more to offer than just rum and coke and vodka and cranberry, there are lots of bottles on the shelf. The next time you find yourself leaning over the bar shouting out a 2 ingredient drink order, try one of these out if you want to give your taste-buds something a bit more exciting. Here are my top five easy-to-make drinks that only use 2 simple ingredients:
1) The Greyhound – A great brunch to mid-afternoon drink that is basically 2 ounces of vodka to 5 ounces of grapefruit juice served over ice. Garnish with a grapefruit peal and a sprig of rosemary if you so desire.
2) The Bellini – A cocktail straight out of Venice, the Bellini uses prosecco and chilled peach juice to excite your pallet. Served straight up, this is the perfect companion to breakfast while you’re on vacation.
3) The Paloma – If you like refreshing citrus drinks or want to pretend you’re at a beach resort in Mexico this is the way to go. Made with equal parts of tequila and grapefruit soda and served on the rocks, this one is as easy as it comes.
4) The Black Russian – This is one of those drinks that I like to curl up with when it starts to get a little chilly out. It’s just something about a simple blend of Kalua and vodka that warms me right up. Some go 2 parts coffee liqueur to 5 parts vodka but you can increase the coffee liqueur if you want a sweeter drink.
5) The Whiskey Ginger – I just like saying the name. This is 2 ounces of Rye Whiskey (or Bourbon) to 8 ounces of ginger ale and it is absolutely perfect anytime! If you want to fancy this one up you can add candied ginger and an orange wheel.
Enjoy and stay safe!