Love is in the Air and in the Drink!
Let just say you’re in the mood for a drink and conceivably looking to get into the mood for something else. A little love perhaps. Aphrodisiacs like vanilla, honey, ginger, chocolate, hot peppers and even cardamom can stimulate the senses, get blood pumping and even boost your libido. Give one of these five cocktails a try and see what the night brings:
- The Rough Seas: Ginger has been proven to get blood flowing in the body and this spinoff on a dark and stormy spinoff has it in ample supply. 1 ounce of Jägermeister, 1 ounce of spiced rum, 3/4 ounce of ginger syrup, 3/4 ounce of fresh lemon juice and 3/4 ounce of almond syrup. Shake with a small amount of crushed ice and serve.
- Vanilla Old Fashioned: Vanilla has been said to boost a man’s testosterone levels. Some say the aroma alone induces pleasure. Muddle 1 piece of a vanilla bean with orange zest, a quarter ounce of simple syrup and 2 dashes of orange bitters in a glass. Add 2 ounces of bourbon, ice and garnish with an orange slice.
- The Creamy Screwdriver: Want to make an awesome cocktail even better? Try eggs, the ultimate symbol of fertility and rebirth. Raw eggs worked for Rocky, didn’t they? As a practical perk, eggs also help the body maintain healthy hormone levels and are an excellent source of energy. 2 ounces of vodka, 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 6 ounces of OJ all blended with a half cup of ice.
- Jalapeño Tequila Gimlet: Once prepared this cocktail is guaranteed to bring a little heat! Capsaicin, the chemical that gives peppers their kick, is a natural way to turn up the heat in your body. Start by roasting two jalapeño peppers until charred then add them to 2 cups of your favorite tequila and let it all chill for a couple of hours. Strain this into a half cup of agave syrup and 1 cup of fresh lime juice and 2 cups of ice. Allow some more time for this to chill and then divide into glasses garnished with fresh jalapeño slices.
- Spiced Chocolate Martini: Chocolate is a proven way to increase serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain while the cardamom and cinnamon act as circulatory aids. Melt down 1.75 ounces of dark chocolate in a double boiler then whisk in 2 ounces of light cream. Allow this to cool properly before adding it to a cocktail shaker with three ounces of cardamom infused vodka and ice. Strain into your favorite martini glass and garnish with a bit of cinnamon.
Spice up your life!